Friday, June 21, 2013

There Is A Choice On Our Part

There Is A Choice On Our Part

Psalms 91:1-2

 
 
 
 
91 "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." Psalms 91


     Before the fellow Christian starts screaming legalism, the Old Testament doesn't matter, and the infamous "we're under grace" normal responses, let us look simply at what the Word of God is saying to us, first here in the Psalms, and then we will look at two passages in the New Testament, on from Jesus' own mouth, and one from His half brother, James [they had  a different Father].

     Look simply at the grammar, notice the "He that dwelleth?"  As to mean, he that camps out, makes his abode, his domicile, and his life IN the secret place of the Most High God.  Look at that once more Beloved.  It is right there in plain view.  He who dwells, he being the person, dwells being the action word we call a verb.  This denotes responsibility on our part of the relationship after we come by faith in grace.  The sin aspect for the Bar of Justice of God, our account for condemnation for sin has been settled.  Now, Beloved we are talking post salvation.  Yes the accountability on our part for the grace, mercy, and love shown us.  We must choose to dwell, we must choose to be in fellowship, in prayer, in the Word, because when we don't, even though we have been justified we are choosing to not do what God has commanded, obeyed what Christ said, and says.  What is that called?  Sin.  I do believe that is what God has named it.  Willful disobedience.  So we have a choice.  Obey, disobey, whichever the case may be, it is none the less a choice. 

2" Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."  John 15:2-10

     Okay, scream legalism now, you are screaming against the Word of God, from the mouth of God.  Same precept as in Psalm 91 above.  This time the word is different it is "abide" which is the exact same as "dwelleth."  Notice the words our Lord chose.  He uses: abide, if a man not abide, beareth, and not beareth.  See that?  Choices.  Choices He is putting before the CHRISTIAN.  Yes, before the child "under grace."  It would be funny if it were not such a tragedy at the "under grace" crowd, that screams I can exalt my person, emotions, feelings, desires, and flesh over what God's Word says, because another part of God's Word I have cherry picked to form a "doctrine to suit my lifestyle."  Jesus is speaking on the accountability of grace in this passage.  And if one, understood the whole book of Romans, in the light of all of scripture, they might would taper down their rebuttals. 


     Or better yet keep the book of James open as the book of Romans is studied. 
"21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."  James 1:21-25

Love in Christ, Jason





No comments:

Post a Comment