Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Day Off The Planned Routine Onto His Unbeaten Path

A Day Off The Planned Routine Onto His Unbeaten Path

Psalm 100:1-5 (KJV)

 
 
 
 
 
 
    
  I accidently left my phone here at the house before I left for a busy day...it became a day of pondering, thinking, and reflection as I made nursing home rotations, visited a mechanic about my son's car, he spoke broken English, I spoke broken proper Spanish, he being Cuban, I being Mississippian we somehow met in the middle with understanding. I visited one of my first Sunday school teachers who i...s drawing each breath closer to entering the Lord's presence, we (her) family and I read Scripture, spoke of shared memories, tearfully prayed holding hands and my heart grew heavy but my spirit joyful. I recall her teaching me about Jesus, Noah, and Moses... and I know the crowns she will lay at His feet. I then ran into my attorney, I love her so! We shared how far the kids and I have come since 2004, three being in college, and I making the last laps in the college race myself. We spoke of Carson Bryant who is now 10 years old and he was one year old when she fought in court for us. All day long this passage that we preached in chapel Tuesday has played out. Thinking of these stories and generations of people I recall to mind the passage Dr. Coates assigned me to preach in chapel Tuesday, so I share with you all... It is fitting to all circumstances and seasons of life for those of us sheep who belong to the Good Shepherd.
Psalm 100 KJV
"1 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."
      Whether what we have been though was our own fault, evil dealt by others, be it cancer, death, divorce, heart attacks, problems at work, home, or life. If we are in the Good Shepherd, we are His people, the sheep of His pasture, and we have everlasting mercy, He is God, He is good, and we can have complete and experiential assurance that as this brief moment of time here on this small blue sphere called earth, is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING compared to the green pasture that lies eternally to come. And the offer is WHOSOEVER will, let him come. 
 
LOVE IN CHRIST, Jason 

No comments:

Post a Comment