Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Brief Moment In Time

A Brief Moment In Time

                                                                     

 

I share this hymn, one of mine and dad's most favorite songs. Of recent weeks I have friends going through so many earthly trials, tests, and pain. From cancer treatments, burying family members, stays in I.C.U., loss of homes, and sick loved ones. I recall losing dad in the midst of a terrible season of my life. It was the hardest time of my life with court battles, dad passing to heaven, my little brother passing away... those three years hurt, yet in the those three years, this song...the words in it, the memories of growing up singing this in worship, looking up and seeing mom and dad smile with joy as they victoriously sang this hymn made the things of this earth ever so dull and dim. For those of us in Christ, we are ONLY sojourners here, for a brief second of time in the grand scheme of history. Beloved, "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus."
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus by Alan Jackson
Uploaded by Julz Ares
Follow: http://twitter.com/julzares O soul, are you weary and troubled? No light in the darkness you see? There's a light for a look at the Savior, And 

No comments:

Post a Comment