Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mine Own Short Vision Is Blurred

Psalm 75

God

 

 

"75 Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it.   Selah. [ Pause, breath, muse, reflect on what was just said]  I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:  Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck.  For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.  But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.  For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.  But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.  10 All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted."

     As I read this passage tonight, it was by no mere coincidence that I went to Psalm 75 for a Word from the Lord.  Yesterday it was spoken on AFR, before a prayer on behalf of our nation.  I am an ardent Patriot, and sometimes wonder if I should have been born on the fourth of July.  The Lord however is sovereign and knew when best to place me in the United States and on Earth for that matter, but those thoughts are of the flesh.  I must remind myself often, very often that when I became a Son of God because of Christ and His blood, I therefore became a citizen of Heaven and must needs to always have a heavenly perspective about all things. 
  The Lord is saying above, through Asaph, as David became King of  Israel, and a newly won Jerusalem that the earthly political situation David faced was a difficult one.  First, David recognized from Whom, he owed the ascension to the throne, by twice giving thanks UNTO the God of Jacob, covenant [national God of Israel] keeper and promise keeper to David.  He understands the pillars of then Israel, judgement in JUSTICE and RIGHTEOUSNESS is upon his shoulders, and the Lord causes all nations to rise and fall for His purposes, and most of the time it is by His foreknowledge and permissive will of gentile nations and their national LEADERS [ reference to the horn in verse 4 & verse 10] to accomplish purposes He desires.  "But God is the judge..." is the reminder that spoke to me most after the twice repeated thanks to God.  With all these hearings on Benghazi, the immoral destruction of Judeo-Christian values and foundation of America, I am so short sighted.  I get angry, aggravated, and think via flesh against the circumstances here in America.  This is when I am reminded, time, flesh, and sin cloud my sight, but God's vision isn't blurred nor constrained by flesh and time.  He is on His throne and He is judge, not Jason Bryant.  He will deal with the wicked and I am to deal with my walk in Christ, and tell others about Him and share what He says with fellow Believers.  I am to walk, live, speak, think in the Way of Christ and let that be a reproof to my fellow man.  My fellow citizen.  When Jesus came He fulfilled every aspect of Psalm 75, and when He returns He will fulfill it covenant wise [nations and wicked leaders against Him and Israel and His church] here on Earth in man's finite view of time. Lord help me to keep my eyes on things in Heaven, store my treasure in Heaven, and my place and walk in Christ. In Jesus name Amen.
 
                                                                                                                                    Jason Bryant

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment